02 May 2006

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I've strayed from my earlier promise to try and post some things that aren't so political. I'm sorry; it just so happens that the political has been dominating my thoughts of late. In fact, you should all be thankful that I haven't posted as much as I have wanted to due to my school obligations.

So, I'm going to make a plug for my favorite TV show of all time: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's hard being a Buffy fan because the very title of the show is so ridiculous that people don't take it seriously. But believe me: this is one of the greatest TV shows of all time, and it is worth checking out in your local video store or on Netflix. I have had many friends of mine who were initially skeptical about this show who have become die hard addicts once they gave it a chance. And you should give it a chance.

What makes Buffy great is not the premise, or the execution, both of which are really cool, but the writing. This is a writer's show, and it was a gift from heaven that the producers managed to get actors who were able to present the writing in such a deft way. There have been so many shows that were great concepts that were denied by their writing and/or their cast. Buffy managed to avoid both these hazards, probably because the creator, Joss Whedon, had such a vision for the show after his original idea was butchered by Hollywood in the original movie of the same name.

I'm telling you: Buffy is a classic in television history. Go rent it and get hooked.

1 Comments:

Blogger bubbamedic said...

Karen is hooked, every now and then the Musical episode will blast from teh stereo with my kids even singing along. Now it is the "Gilmore Girls". Me? I sleep or watch the History, Discovery, or The Learning Channels. Good stuff.

5/03/2006 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home