11 May 2009

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

That's gaelic for "may his soul be on God's right side." I used it as an epitaph for my father, who passed away last Tuesday, May 5, 2009. He died from a very sudden and severe respiratory illness; I only got back to Colorado literally hours before he passed. But we were all there. My Dad was a giant of small stature. I am going to miss him so much. It was way too early. Below is our obituary for him:

http://www.legacy.com/Gazette/Obituaries.asp?page=lifestory&personid=127086656

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tammi (TL) Duis said...

Steve,
So very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I love the Gaelic quote, and based on all the stories, I am sure it is true in this instance!
Take care of yourself!

Relish the memories and let them ease the pain.
Tammi

5/13/2009 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home