04 September 2007

College Football is Back!

Yabba, dabba, doo! Last weekend was the first of September and that means only one thing: college football is back! We can start to look forward to Fall finally breaking the heat, leaves starting to turn color, and Saturdays spent glued to the television.

Some good games last weekend. I was heartened by a better performance by my Kansas State boys than I had anticipated against Auburn on the road. Unfortunately, too many penalties (way too many penalties) finally caught up and killed the Cats in a game they should have probably gotten the upset in.

Upset? Did someone say upset? What can you say about Appalachian State's victory at Michigan that hasn't been said yet? Absolutely unbelievable.

Finally, this weekend demonstrated that Syracuse has, without a doubt, the ugliest uniforms in the history of college football and the worst ever since the 1960 Denver Broncos had the yellow and brown vertically striped socks. Now, it's become somewhat fashionable in college football lately to have uniforms so ugly that the USFL would have had more taste than to wear them (especially the Pac-10--have you seen Oregon, Oregon State, and Cal lately?), but Syracuse is just beyond awful. I watched their game Thursday night against Washington and they looked like a highway construction site on the field. I mean, just look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home