11 June 2010

World Cup Time Again!

It's been a long, long year and I have been gone, gone, gone. But the World Cup is back, and so is my enthusiasm and so I am starting back up. Don't know if anyone will read this, but at least I'm writing again. Lots to talk about, including the breakup of the Big XII, which distresses me, and other things. But it's World Cup time! The biggest event in the world and screw stupid Americans who don't get soccer. How did we ever come up with that name, "soccer?" It's FOOTBALL. Real football. I love World Cup because of all the differences in style of play and the devotion and insanity of its supporters. Hell, its a lot of fun. A Super Bowl for a month. So, let's start with today's first two matches:

Mexico v. South Africa
I really hate the Mexican squad. It has nothing to do with immigration policy or anything else. They are just whiny babies. Nevertheless, they are a good squad who always beats the U.S. in Mexico. South Africa is the home team this World Cup and that will help them, but they don't have the horses. My prediction: Mexico 3, South Africa 1.

France v. Uruguay
Usually, this would be a no-brainer for France. I'm not so sure this year. I'm going for the upset. My prediction: Uruguay 2, France 0.

See you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home