14 February 2006

Curling v. Figure Skating

Maybe the only sport in the Winter Games I truly despise is figure skating. I know a lot of people, especially women, love this event. But I can't stand it. It bores me and makes me mad. The costumes are ridiculous; the judging seems random; and it just seems more like ballet than something I would want to participate in. I prefer Curling, of all sports, to Figure Skating. Curling is kind of cool. It's like bowling, but with strategy. Chess on ice. And you can tell it's a game where after its over, folks go out for a beer. Figure Skating . . . are you kidding me? They probably go to their rooms and pout.

3 Comments:

Blogger cc said...

Lisa, biathalon is a great sport, maybe the most difficult sport in all the Olympics. Think about it: you run a marathon and then have to thread a needle. That is what biathletes do. And it has a history, albeit one in war.

2/17/2006 2:58 AM  
Blogger bubbamedic said...

Curling rules!! Got to admit, figuring out the rules is fun. I purposely did not look up the rules and since I don't usually hear the comentator very well (Captioning has been sub-par), it has really been a challenge. Still got to figure out why some guards are allowed to be taken out while others are replaced. This one has me stumped.

2/21/2006 4:52 AM  
Blogger cc said...

Bro, they get taken out if they are not in play. I think.

2/21/2006 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home