17 February 2006
In one of the more exciting hockey games I've seen in a long time, Sweden's women today defeated the USA in the semifinals of the Olympics. The game ended in a shootout and it was just exhilarating. The overtime period was on-the-edge-of-your-seat fun as both teams had amazing chances to win the game, only to be stymied. So, congratulations, Sweden. I'll miss seeing a US-Canada rematch, but this was a game for the ages, and that's what the Olympics are all about.


2 Comments:
This was a great game and one of a few that I was able to see. Funny thing is to listen to the few women hockey players that work the street with me complain about the "sissy" way they play. I perfer the superior skating and handling over the more violent skating that these girls seem to participate in. I was gonna say that this is an interesting slice of the US, violence wise, but one of the girls is a Canadian. She is just as guilty.
Hey, bro. Welcome to the blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home