Shilling the Military
The problem? The use of the military, in uniform, for political purposes is stricly forbidden by the military's own code of conduct. From Talking Points Memo. Also see here from the same site.
Perhaps knowing she helped violate the law, Rep. Musgrave has since scrubbed all pictures of the event from her web site. That doesn't mean the story will end here, though.
I grew up in the military, and as a result I know that, regardless of a particular soldier's poltical viewpoints, the uniform is not to be used as a political device. That is what separates our military from all those around the world that are actively involved in politics. Our soldiers swear allegiance to the Constitution, not the head of state, and thus are expected to remain clear of political wrangling while in uniform. Musgrave should be ashamed of herself.


4 Comments:
Musgrave is not the brightest person. She reminds me of a kid in a candy store when it comes to political privileges, look no further than her franking abuse during the last election. I really feel she was elected on the Republician ticket rather than her merits. Which is happening more and more commonly here.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Well, then Bubba, vote her out next time!
You don't have to tell me how our form of democracy works bro!! It is just getting people to realize that the crazy politicians that abuse the system and/or use it wrongly, are there because of their votes for the R's or D's and that it isn't someone else's fault. I don't think anyone else that is reading this will appriciate how odd this feels, you and I discussing politics!
I can not complain too much, for if all the idiots grew a functioning brain, I will be out of a job.
Post a Comment
<< Home