27 June 2006

I Stink at Predicting Futbol

Well, apparently, I'm much better at predicting Olympic hockey than I am World Cup. In the octafinal games I've predicted thus far, I'm a whopping 1-3, winning only Brazil's stomp this morning, which a monkey could have predicted. As for the rest: my goodness. I knew Spain was going to choke, but I didn't go with my gut! Take that, my nephew David: your uncle was right all along. The Spanish choke like a dog eating chicken bones.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que Lastima para Espana!

You were right, I was wrong. Spain did choke.

--Lisa

6/27/2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger bubbamedic said...

Okay, I am confused -- what does David have to do with Spain choking on Chicken bones and World Cup games? David does not even care about Spain. Brazil -- because they are a favorite of most of his team mates (and they are the current holders). England -- because he idolizes Beckham. Finally the USA, since he is more patriotic than most of the citizens of this country. I mean he is 11 and acts like most 11 year olds. I have no idea why Spain has entered the equation.

Anyhow, yeah, you sucked! Goes to show you how complex soccer can be. How else can I rub in some brotherly teasing? Nah, I think I will not go that route tonight.

6/28/2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger cc said...

See an earlier post, bro. Karen mediated a conversation between David and myself before they played the Ukraine, and I said that Spain chokes and it was relayed to me that David said I didn't know what I was talking about.

6/28/2006 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home