World Cup: The Rest of the First Games
Game 12: South Korea 2, Togo 1
This was a good match. Togo took the lead early and then ROK came back with two goals in the second round. ROK was a big surprise in 2002; they might be legit this year, too. They're fast.
Game 13: France 0, Switzerland 0
I missed this game, but from what I've read, it was good that I did. Supposedly a most turgid match.
Game 14: Brazil 1, Croatia 0
Missed this game, too. Sounds like the Croatians gave the mighty Brazilians all they could handle.
Game 15: Spain 4, Ukraine 0
Before this game, I got an IM from my sister-in-law. Knowing that my 11-year old nephew is a huge soccer fan, I figured he was ready to watch some football. I asked who he was rooting for. Spain, the answer came. I booed that because the Spanish are always chokers in World Cup. My nephew told me I didn't know what I was talking about. He may have a point. Spain destroyed Ukraine. But we'll see how far they go in the second round.
Game 16: Tunisia 2, Saudi Arabia 2
What a fantastic match. Tunisia goes up early. Then the Saudis come back. Then, with only a few minutes remaining, the Saudis take the lead. Just when it looks like they are going to win, Tunisia scores in the SECOND minute of stoppage time. Just remarkable.


1 Comments:
I am also rooting for Spain. I am even watching World Cup on Univsion.
However, there was an ESPN story on how Spain is the most tightfisted of the teams--they always stay at the cheapest hotel apparently. The announcer intimated that this was perhaps because they knew they wouldn't be there for long. --LJW
Post a Comment
<< Home