01 December 2006

Basketball Updates

My good friend, Doug H. over at Pipeline, has asked for reporters on various basketball teams. I have decided to do that with my alma mater, Kansas State, my new school, North Carolina, and my school of home, Air Force.

First, though, I have to admit my own injury. For years I have had gout, but this is the first time I have experienced gout from my freaking thumb. Note to all of you: instruct your kids to never have gout.

Okay, back to the basketball.

Kansas State:
Don't know what to think yet with this team. Bob Huggins has come in and there is always a firestorm of change with a new coach. The team today seems to be a crazy mix of old players and new talent and where do they go from here? Later in the season, this might be a good team. Right now, they kind of suck.

North Carolina:
The game against Ohio State was one of the better games I have seen in years. It makes you remind of how good college basketball was back before players left early and stayed around for their senior years. And these guy's were freshmans! I think UNC is going to be a powerhouse this year.

Air Force:
Air Force is a good sleeper for your fantasy pools. They are now 7-1, and their one loss was against Duke, which they gave a good game to. They just beat Wake Forest by 40 points. I will be looking at this team more closely over the season.

That's all.

1 Comments:

Blogger cc said...

Thanks, Dave for that news. I could have used it about ten years ago. Heh. Didn't know tonic water was a cure for gout. Will have to try it.

Nevada: great coach. I was hoping K-State would look at him when they were in the process of wooing Huggie. Good sleeper pick. They could get to the elite eight this year.

12/01/2006 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home