24 February 2007

Why Am I So Afraid of Gray Hair?

I guess this day was going to come sometime. I was battling gray hair seeping into my beard for a long time. Today was the first day when I noticed that the gray has intruded almost completely into my beard. I think I'm going to shave tomorrow, and that has me thinking about why I'm so fixated on my beard. I think it's only about one thing: I'm single. I mean, remember my Dad going gray at the same age as I am. But he was married and had an eight year old son, and two other kids! Me, I have had no success with much of anthing, especially women. I'm certainly not married and I certainly don't have any children. And I'm going gray. In fact, my whole face has gone essentially gray. And it was only four years ago that my Uncle looked at me and made the proclomation that I was going gray becuase (I think) he saw the couple of gray threads on my face. And I'm not even going gray. I'm going white. I'm skipping the whole gray thing. My dad, when he turned gray, turned this glorious shade of silver. Then, later, he turned whte. I'm just turning white. This sucks. And I'm definitely not going to get a girl, now.

2 Comments:

Blogger bubbamedic said...

Okay, I bite...did you shave it off? All I can say is that I have been getting more and more grey/white in my hair since paramedic school in 2000. Since I can not grow anything resembling a beard, I shave. In the past the "beard" was reddish, but now, it probably is grey/white as well. The mustache is not, though it is "salted". My blessing is I have blonde or light brown hair that hides the "salt" well enough. I also wear a hat...a lot.

I really have nothing to say about the rest of the post though. Sorry.

2/28/2007 2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your brother, I too wonder if you shaved! You sound down because of a little white hair-BS. The Lord did something to us guys and made our hair change for a reason. I don't know what the reason is, but it changes, so don't sweat it. For sure, the color of your hair doesn't change the character of you inner-self, nor does it effect the attraction of the other sex. Sometimes it may actually help. I think white is cool and definitely an outward visualization of maturity! Chew on that one for a while. White is better than none. Sit back and enjoy!
Da

3/06/2007 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home