12 July 2006

Squirrels

My parents for years have had a bird feeder, and they have noticed the same birds coming back, year after year. There is something to be said about getting used to animals. They almost become pets. For me, I live in an apartment, so I can't have a bird feeder. But I do have squirrels. They live in the huge pine trees that grow right outside my place. And, I've started to recognize a couple of them. There is one squirrel that has a really narrow tail, not the usual bushy one you expect from a squirrel. I wonder if it is a freak of nature or a particular gender. I've seen that squirrel playing with another one who does have the usual tail. But its odd. But fun to watch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think UNC has some of the friendliest squirrels in the world. I used to hand feed a few at the planetarium when I worked there.

Here in PA, we have squirrels too, but even better, we have groundhogs. There is a big ol' fat one living in the brush between our yard and the neighbor's. And, I think this is unusual, it climbs over the fence rather than go under it.
--Lisa

7/14/2006 1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home